Search

Wednesday, November 26

Thanksgiving

On this Thanksgiving, I once again find myself overwhelmed with things for which I am thankful. I am thankful for my family and my two beautiful children. Thankful for their health, their happiness, their expanding personalities.

I am thankful that there are days they talk so much I think I just might lose my mind.

I am thankful for technology giving Drew the wonderful gift of hearing, and communication.

I am thankful that I actually heard Drew's Dad say to Drew one day, under his breath, "Would you shut the h*** up?" And I'm thankful that we both laughed so hard we cried at this statement, since there was a day we thought we might never hear Drew's sweet voice.

I am thankful that I get to hear Drew say, "dube (love) you too," every day.

I am thankful for hugs, kisses, story times. Quite moments together. Thankful for their unconditional love.



Most of all, I am thankful that Drew and his Sister are mine. And thankful for all of you who are sharing in Drew's hearing story. Drew and his sister have given us many things to be thankful for this year. I wonder what they have in store for 2009?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

The picture is adorable!! I had to laugh about Drew talking TOO much. I am very grateful to be able to hear, but my people make a lot of noise too and some days it's just too much! I love me some quiet! :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :)

Landon's Mom said...

I know just what you mean! There are so many times I want to tell Landon to be quiet (especially in church :), and then it hits you that your thinking that about your child who wasn't supposed to hear or speak. We definitely have a lot to be thankful for. The picture is precious!!

Laurie said...

Love the picture of Drew and his Sister! I have a feeling that by the time Christmas is over, he will be saying more 7+ word sentences with all the Christmas programs, sights, & sounds!