Search

Sunday, January 24

Overheard

Drew is probably going to look back on this blog one day and be so embarrassed at the things I write. And while that is not my intention, the things he says are just too funny not to mention.

As Drew was going potty the other day, I stood outside of the bathroom door. Drew always demands "privacy" while doing his business, and as any mother would, I happily obliged. So, as I stood there, waiting and waiting, I over-hear Drew say, "Come on poopy! You can do it. Come. Out. Poopy! Ahh, that's better. Mom, I'm all done!"

Hilarious. As I opened the door to my smiling little boy, proud as could be that he "did it", I just thought about how amazing he truly is. He uses his words for everything. He talks to himself. Just like I would (although I won't admit to talking to myself as I do my business). Just as you would. Just as every hearing person in this world does. It is just natural. And I am so, so thankful and so proud of him.

5 comments:

leah said...

I love it. That "self talk" is so wonderful to hear (even if he is coaching his own toilet time, lol)!

I was thinking about "privacy" the other day, and was thinking that I am so grateful that Nolan won't ever be dependent on an interpreter to relay his every thought to the 99% of the population that is hearing. Our little boy will always be able to speak for himself, which is no small thing.

Melanie said...

Love it.

Jenny said...

love it. so awesome. and so stinking cute.

Christian and Lily's Mommy said...

He just cracks me up. These boys are hilarious!

Alex said...

It's very interesting and cool article!