Search

Tuesday, April 15

I'm It!

Christian's Mommy tagged me for a fun little "get to know you" game. So, I'm it! Here goes...

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

I have to answer questions and people I tag have to answer the same questions.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Ten years ago, boy that seems like forever ago. I was a junior at The Ohio State University majoring in Marketing. Since today is a nice, warm spring day, I probably would have attempted to attend my classes, only to be stopped by friends at Zig's (it has since changed names to Panini's; I hope they still have the same drinks!) for a "quick" frozen beverage, only to end up skipping class and staying out way to late. (As a side note, I didn't spend all of my time in college skipping classes and drinking, just a few really nice spring days. And I did graduate.)

Five Snacks I enjoy, in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:

1. Chocolate Chip Cookies (still warm from the oven, maybe even with some vanilla ice cream)
2. Chocolate Covered Peanuts
3. Sno Caps
4. Oreo Cookies
5. Chips & Salsa

In the real world:

1. Chips & Salsa
2. Chex Mix
3. Chocolate Covered Peanuts
4. Chocolate Chip Cookies
5. Sno Caps

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1. Buy a new house immediately. Something that isn't in constant need of repair. It's too hard with kids.
2. I would attend all major sporting events in the country with Drew's Dad (and Drew and his sister as they get older) including the Masters, a Super Bowl, Game 7 of NBA/NHL/MLB finals, the US Open, etc.. After that, we'd venture to those outside the country, like the Olympics, Wimbledon, Dubai Open, etc. I would also like to see Ohio State in the National Championship again (but only if they are actually going to win).
3. Buy a new car - one that isn't for work. I've had a company vehicle for nine years, which is WONDERFUL, but it would be nice to have a car that isn't filled with samples (and the mess that comes with them) for work.

Five jobs that I have had:

1. Tabbing marble for trophies at my Dad's business
2. Sales person at Macy's
3. Waitress at Perkins (for 1 day)
4. Sales Representative for a kitchen cabinet manufacturer (which includes learning all about kitchen design - pretty cool)
5. Mommy

Three of my habits:

1. Chocolate Covered Peanuts
2. Shopping: I don't even have to buy anything, I just like to shop! When I was on maternity leave with both babies, I don't think a day went by that we didn't walk the malls. So fun to window shop, and people watch!
3. Cleaning: I am a very organized, neat person. Although having kids has challenged my ability to keep things in as tip-top shape they once were.

Five place I have lived:

I have never lived outside of OHIO!
1. Columbus, Ohio
2. Upper Arlington, Ohio
3. Oxford, Ohio (while at Miami University)
4. Ohio State University - in my sorority house - LOVED it!
5. Hilliard, Ohio

Add one new part:

What is the one thing you would tell the parent of a child recently diagnosed with profound hearing loss?:

The brightest light you can imagine is at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Now, I get to tag five people. I'm trying to choose ones that I don't think have been tagged yet, as this little game is quickly spreading through our CI friends:

Laurie
Kevin's Mom
Kauan's Mom
Logan's Mom
Isaac's Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so fun to read! Your spring quarter at OSU sounds a lot like my spring quarter at OSU. (I inevitably dropped out though, returning home to a community college where I promptly got my act together!)

Jennifer said...

I loved reading your answers! I've been tagged for this thing twice already...and am about to do it as soon as American Idol goes off! :)

Landon's Mom said...

I know what you mean about the cleaning thing - I used to be like that too. It would drive Eric crazy because I was constantly reorganizing things and moving stuff around - he never could find anything in the kitchen :) Now I'm doing good if I get the kitchen cleaned at all.

Christian and Lily's Mommy said...

Yeah! I am so glad that you did this!!!