Search

Wednesday, March 28

Implant Failure

Through this journey there have been many surprises, and there will be many more in the days, months and years to come. One thing I have been most surprised about is the network of parents of children with cochlear implants I have found through the Internet. These parents have been a great source of information and, through their children, inspiration for me.

Mom-to-toes, Heather, Shiloh, Kristen, just to name a few. So to them and others like them, I am thankful. Thankful that they are willing to share their children's stories with Mom's like me. I don't know if they realize how much I rely on their stories in my own journey with Drew.

In our journey with Drew there are going to be times where we experience a set-back. I am thankful that I have such a wonderful network of parents to lean on in every situation. I recently learned that Jack, one little CI boy from Illinois, had a device failure of his Advanced Bionics implant. He was implanted three years ago. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this difficult time of an ex-implant and re-implant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Drew's momma,

So glad to see that you are getting all squared away and the cochlea's look great. Yes!

I am so glad that my little blog has been helpful. I agree totally that having parents out there who are living the ci lifestyle and can related to the rollercoaster ride of emotions is enormously helpful.

We are going to be coming to Columbus once a week for speech starting June. Maybe we can get together sometime over the summer, after Drew has been activated!

-Heather

Mom to Toes said...

I feel very much the same about you and all the other parents I have met online!

I can't imagine what this journey would have been like without those who had gone before.

:D

Wendy

Mom to Toes said...

Let me rephrase my last paragraph...

I can't imagine what this journey would have been like without the advice of those who had gone before.

:P

Wendy