Search

Thursday, September 6

Pavarotti's Passing

Today Luciano Pavarotti, the legendary tenor passed away. In reading the news, I found Pavarotti singing Ave Maria on YouTube and began to listen.

Our daughter was focused on watching The Wiggles and didn't notice, but about a minute into the song I felt eyes upon me.

Drew was sitting on the floor to my right and was staring directly at the little window with Pavarotti in the middle of a note. Over all the background noise, he determined that he wished to hear Lucianone sing. As the music continued, I took a moment to watch him, realizing that this little moment was a small bonus in life. Something I never thought I'd be able to share with my son.

Drew will never know Pavarotti (and I myself don't know much about him), and he certainly won't remember this little moment. But I will. Thank you Mr. Pavarotti.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I will miss Pavarotti, too. My favorite song of his is when he sings "The Prayer" with Celine Dion. It's beautiful.

And Drew heard him! Awesome! Music was one of the first sounds I heard with my CI. . .now if I could only learn to sing in tune. . .:)