Search

Sunday, May 25

Sounds of the Zoo

We are enjoying beautiful weather this Memorial Day weekend. Yesterday we went to the Columbus Zoo. It was our first trip to the zoo of the summer, and Drew certainly enjoyed the sights and sounds of the zoo! This is the first time that he has really been old enough to enjoy the animals at the zoo and we all had such fun making animal noises together!



We were able to ride the train, which Drew really enjoyed. As we waited in line he kept saying, "Choo, choo." It is so cool that he can talk! I don't know if and when the adrenalin rush that I feel every time Drew talks will subside. In fact, I really don't want it to.




Drew's Sister took her first pony ride! She was such a big girl, climbing on the horse and riding all by herself. I was really proud of her. Drew watched from the stroller, while making a tongue clicking sound the entire time.



We took Drew for his first ride on the carousel. He loved it! He had a smile on his face the entire time and when the ride stopped he started saying, "No. No. No." He was moving his body trying to make the horse move. When I told him that we had to say bye, he protested and threw a mini-tantrum. Drew's Dad and I laughed and laughed as we pulled our boy off of the horse, happy as can be that he can scream, "No!," at the top of his lungs! We enjoyed it so much that we took Drew for another ride, complete with the smiling and the mini-tantrum.


The Columbus Zoo has been completely remodeled and they have added a new ride area between it and the new water park, Zoombezi Bay. Both Drew and his sister had a great time riding on the rides. It is a really nice area with plenty of rides for toddlers. I have a feeling that we will be spending many days on the flying elephants, tea pots and train. They even have a tilt-a-world and scrambler, two of my favorites!






We hope that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend and are enjoying time with family and friends!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

What fun! So glad Drew got to hear the sounds of the animals!

I haven't gone to the zoo since I got my implants. . . should put that on my to-do list!

Have a great Memorial Day, too!

Abbie said...

Which one was his favorite animal noise? He looked like he had an absolute blast!

You have me wondering what the zoo will sound like. I should take a stroll through Great Adventure Safari...

Always gone Dad said...

Hehe I am glad Drew got to really "Hear" the zoo! Looks like you all had a great day taking in all the sights and sounds your local jungle has to offer.

Glad you all had a great long weekend!

Anonymous said...

He is growing so fast, and is absolutely darling! I can tell by all the grins in those photos that you guys had a perfect day. Maybe we can meet you there someday.Of course, if all works out as planned we'll be spending time at the Cincinnati Zoo this summer!

tammy said...

What a great day at the zoo and a perfect place to practice sounds! We love the zoo, probably more than our kids! I showed my husband and older son Drew's video you posted and they were amazed ... and of course we all laughed everytime Drew said "no"! Too cute!